WHEN: From 1900z till 2300z Friday 4th Dec. 2020 WHERE: South New Zealand ENVIRONMENT: . If not available then weather setting will be defined based on the closest one resembling actual conditions.
An OPRF-classic is coming back once again, so hold on tight and prepare your missiles, because this one will be the fiercest fight you'll ever find yourself in!
Rules are simple*: - Two Teams with their respective home bases. - 5 airfields to conquer and maintain possession of. - 4 hours non-stop to do it. How to win? The team with the most bases held at the end of the 4-hour period wins!
TEAMS: Team 1: OPFOR | LEADER: cactus Team 2: BLUFOR | LEADER: J Maverick 16 Each TL will organize the strategy and coordinate the operations for his team accordingly.
HOME BASES: Team 1: NZCH (Christchurch) Team 2: NZQN (Queenstown) The two above can't be conquered and have a for their respective teams, meaning that if a member of the opposite team enters or engages someone within this range, a penalty will therefore occur. To be precise, the whole team will be punished by losing 1 (one) of their conquered bases. If no base was conquered at the time, the next conquered base will not count until recaptured again (from the starting airport).
For those of you flying with F-16 or Viggen, these are the coordinates that can be loaded up on HSD to show NFZ zones for both own and enemy team (lat, lon format): - NZCH: 172.533 -43.489 (range 10NM) - NZQN: 168.744 -45.021 (range 10NM)
Conquerable bases (roughly north to south):
- NZHK - NZMC - NZOU - NZDN - NZNV
Let's get to the business part: How to capture an airport? - With the introduction of the WarLord bot, a pilot has to land on it and achieve a full stop for at least 20 seconds in order for the capture to be detected. Warlord will post the updates in #event-chat live. As a backup, always remember to take a screenshot of the capture and post it in #event-chat in case there might be issues with WarLord. Picture must clearly show the plane landed and which ICAO has been captured (in-game map can be used for that purpose). Too easy? Keep in mind that your enemy can do the same for recapturing it as well.
- Team members can spawn/land and do the "4Rs"(repair, refuel, rearm, respawn) directly at any of their captured bases unless they get sized by the opposite team or are deemed neutral by penalty.
- KEEP IN MIND that if the bot fails and a screenshot of the captured airfield WITH the ICAO of said airfield is not posted or posted with delay (more than 5 mins, remember things can evolve fast) the capture won't count, argument or not and will have to be performed again.
- A crash-land is not a land, if you heavily damage your aircraft during the capture (excluding eventual dogfight damage, that adds glory) you WILL have to REDO IT again from the starting point. Since Tacview will record all the action, a crash-land will not be too difficult to recognize.
- In the case two pilots of opposing teams find each other fighting for the same airfield and one is already landed, it will require the opposing one to kill him (guns or A/G weapons if applicable) to therefore land and recapture it. If it turns out to be a drag race and the two land almost at the same time, the one performing the landing last is considered the ultimate capturer (because he took it over from the first one getting there), hence his team being awarded the base. Any issues might be solved via the bot in this case, or Tacview after the event.
- Of course, if a pilot who landed there and saw his base being re-captured while he was standing there, he will have to respawn from another of his team's captured bases.
No automats, no fancy assets*, no nothing, just a handful of people fighting for land in the air against another handful of people. And because of that, each team will require a team leader to step up and organize the strategy and coordinate the operations for his team. Both TLs will pick members at least 2 days in advance and try and make them as balanced as possible (both skills- and time-wise). Regarding people stepping up last minute TL will draft them at best to one of the respective teams. IF someone shows up during the event he will NOT be able to participate unless the TLs decide otherwise. If the TLs deem it possible, he can join the team which, at the time of the decision, has an inferior number of participants. NO SWAPS of members between teams is allowed, for any reason. This applies also to team strategies, intel, etc.
* I have nothing against the Hunter, FY.
This is the plan, make sure you understand it in its entirety and feel free to post either here or on Discord any misunderstandings. Refer to your respective TLs for additional explanations/information. Make sure you download the required scenery in time and have ALL OPRF aircraft updated alongside FG 2020.3.1+! Thanks for reading and let's hope it's gonna be great for all! And last but not least, "Who Dares, Wins". Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day! Peace through superior AIRPOWER Si vis pacem para bellum